As a seafood restaurant, one of our menu item is Ceviche. Ceviche is popular dish in the coastal regions of Latin America. This dish is typically made from fresh raw fish cured in citrus juices, such as lemon or lime, and spiced with chili peppers. Additional seasonings, such as chopped onions, salt, and cilantro, may also be added.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 lbs of fresh red snapper fillets or tuna, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, without bones
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Dash of ground oregano
- Dash of cayenne pepper
HOW TO PREPARE:
Place the fish, onion, tomatoes, chili, salt, Tabasco, and oregano in a Pyrex. Cover with lime and lemon juice. Let sit covered in the refrigerator for an hour, then stir, making sure more of the fish gets exposed to the acidic lime and lemon juices. Let sit for several hours, giving time for the flavors to blend.
Serve with fresh corn tortilla, advocado and lettuce.